Pantech fully complies with laws and provides waste plastic recycling solutions that achieve exceptionally high standards of safety and transparency. We help waste-producing companies to avoid business risks by preventing the leakage of product information and loss of social credibility arising from unintentional unlawful dumping.
As a company involved in plastic recycling, Pantech places the highest priority on full compliance. All our employees are duty-bound to ensure the sound management of wastes designated as hazardous under the Basel Convention.
Pantech's tracking system provides information regarding when, where, in what type of plant, and how the plastic was processed, meaning that waste-producing companies can ship their waste plastic with peace of mind. Oftentimes, when waste plastic is discharged from a plant, the company's logo or sensitive information is visible in the molding. This entails considerable risk to the company. When the waste is shipped overseas, it may end up being processed into certain products or disposed unlawfully against the wishes of the company.
Pantech always places high priority on risk management. We have an extensive knowhow for nipping such problems in the bud, and we provide a risk management service that is tailored to the needs of each waste-producing company.
ISO 14001(JIS Q 14001:2004) / ISO 9001(JIS Q 9001:2008)
Management system that complies with standards
Pantech Corporation has obtained ISO14001 certification (the international standard for environmental management systems) and also ISO9001 certification (the international standard for quality management systems). Corporate activities have a major impact on communities. Now, more than ever, we must question the true meaning of the social responsibility that companies are supposed to perform. Based on our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) outlook, we position total, unswerving compliance as the top priority in our business strategy, and engage in proactive compliance throughout our business operations.
Environmental and quality declaration
We commit ourselves to promoting recycling of resources in an effort to minimize environmental impact and enhance eco-consciousness and eco-friendliness on the basis of CSR.
- All of our employees work on environmental conservation activities as long as such activities are technically and economically feasible. Meanwhile, we make continued efforts to upgrade and increase efficiency of business operations.
- We comply with environment-related laws and regulations as well as in-house standards in all of our business operations to enhance environmental management.
- We continue to improve our environmental management system and reduce environmental impact to meet our environmental objectives and goals, which are reviewed on a regular basis to meet changing circumstances.
- Pantech's Environmental and Quality policy and explanations about the Environmental and Quality management system are documented to ensure that all our employees understand them when performing their tasks. The Environmental and Quality policy is also displayed on bulletin boards. In addition, we offer education and training programs.
- We conduct internal audits on a regular basis to meet the ISO14001 and ISO9001 requirements. Corrective measures are taken and their effectiveness is checked in accordance with plans.
We make proper and effective use of resources as practically as possible in all of our business operations.
We promote energy-saving measures (including electric power and gas) to reduce CO2 emissions and thereby help stop global warming.
We reduce industrial waste from the sources and maximize recycling of resources in an effort to prevent environmental pollution and promote effective use of natural resources.
Compliance system that supports global recycling
Asia and Oceania
Many of our clients at home and abroad are making inroads into Asia and are furthering plans to increase production at local plants. Against this backdrop, we provide a total support service for all manner of recycling operations in Malaysia, Thailand, and other Asian countries. As part of these efforts, we have established an office in Vietnam to improve our ability to obtain local information and provide recycling solutions services overseas that are of the same quality and standard as the services we provide in Japan.
The Basel Convention
The Basel Convention (The Basel Convention on the Control of Transboundary Movements of Hazardous Wastes and Their Disposal) is an international treaty designed to control the movements of certain types of waste between nations by providing an international framework and by designating procedures.
Measures we take to comply with the Basel Convention
- To confirm whether or not a particular waste product is designated as hazardous waste under the Basel Act (Act on Control of Exports and Imports etc. of Specified Hazardous Wastes and Other Wastes), we undertake prior consultation with the Japan Environmental Sanitation Center, an organization licensed by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry. After confirming in the prior consultation that the waste product is not designated as hazardous, a classification form certifying this fact will be submitted to customs. Since the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, and the Japan Environmental Sanitation Center have a working partnership with customs, they will provide customs with the relevant information. Any exports that are suspected of being hazardous waste products will be dealt with by the Ministry of the Environment.
- We submit export applications to the Ministry of Finance, Customs and Tariff Bureau, and customs.
At customs, final checks will be made to fully confirm that the product is not hazardous, and customs may carry out visual inspections if it is deemed necessary.
Export of recyclable raw materials to China
The greatest demand for recyclable products comes from China. China actively imports large volumes of recyclable waste from around the world, which has generated the problem of environmental pollution. In an attempt to control environmental pollution, the Chinese government has introduced an import license system. Since the introduction of the license system in September 2005, Pantech has been licensed to export waste products to China, and it has continued to provide raw materials directly to end users who manufacture textiles, building materials, daily necessities, and film products. Waste-producing companies can take comfort in the fact that since Pantech holds an AQSIQ1 license for exporting to China, recycling operations can take place seamlessly between the three sides of the triangle: Waste-producing companies, partner plants, and Pantech.
In September 2005, AQSIQ announced the resumption of imports of waste plastic from Japan through registered Japanese suppliers. At this time, Pantech was recognized as fit for exporting products directly to China and it received a license accordingly. Waste plastics exported to China are subject to pre-shipping inspections by CCIC JAPAN, a Japanese subsidiary of China Certification & Inspection (Group) Co., Ltd. which conducts inspections on Japan-China cargoes, etc. as designated by AQSIQ. Materials which are determined to be unacceptable3 by CCIC inspectors cannot be exported to China.
- ※1 AQSIQ (the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine) is a department of the Chinese government responsible for inspecting and certifying the quality and safety of products imported and sold in China.AQSIQ
- ※2 CCIC･JAPAN
- ※3 Materials that cannot be exported to China or must meet certain strict criteria Recent examples of materials determined to be unacceptable
Optimum recycling processes across the country
We carry out the recycling of waste plastic in our own facilities, and we are continually improving safety in terms of risk management, and enhancing the recycling flow in Japan. We work with our partner plants across the country to provide clients the best possible solutions; solutions that are tailored to their processing needs (either volume reduction, pulverization, granulation, or compounding, etc.) and solutions that realize added value.
In terms of machinery development, we offer clients "LITA," our own brand of pulverizing machines. As professionals in waste plastic recycling solutions, we keep a close eye on what is happening at the frontlines. We are always identifying things that can be improved in our facilities and equipment, and, we carry out development with a view to facilities rationalization and product quality enhancement.
Speedy and safe settlement
Pantech settles payment within three working days after receiving the invoice.
We support waste-producing companies through a payment system that offers transparency and peace of mind.
Teikoku Databank credit reference
Pantech receives regular credit inspections by Teikoku Databank and permanently displays relevant corporate information (including accounts).
Pantech has favorably rated by Teikoku Databank.